You may have noticed that I recently wrote about My 10 Daily Success Habits, in response to an interactive research project created by Aaron Potts, titled Simply Success Secrets. Holding a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, and being the good little scientist that I am, I decided to partner up with Aaron and see what it is that makes you guys tick.
Same as with Aaron’s experiment, this will benefit all of the bloggers that participate and all the readers of those blogs.
I’m calling this one “Gotta’ Get Goals” to stay with our theme, and here are the official rules:
1) In a new blog post, list and write about the top 5 to 10 goals that you gotta’ get so that you can truly say you have achieved your wildest dreams in life. These have to be your best, most exclusive, and over-the-top goals that you can pick off your goals list. (I know I’ve previously said Do Not Share Your Goals, but we’re making an exception!)
2) In the introduction of your post, explain what you’re doing with the Gotta’ Get Goals project and “put a link and/or a trackback to this post”, for the purpose of giving them the full rules and for me to compile the master list of all participants that I’ll link to in a future post.
3) As with Simply Success Secrets, don’t forget to put a link or trackback to the blogger who tagged you for Gotta’ Get Goals in order to let your readers follow the conversation around.
4) Sharing your Gotta’ Get Goals with your own audience, will also share them with the blogger who tagged you and the bloggers you tagged, as well as their whole audience!
5) There is no limit to how many bloggers you are allowed to “tag”, so go crazy. It will help their exposure as well as your own when they tag back to your Gotta Get Goals post. That’s how meme‘s work.
6) Sit back and enjoy the show. As Aaron would say, “watch the [gotta get goals] and the crossover audiences start rolling in!
My Gotta’ Get Goals
1) Financial Freedom – I want to have income that comes to me from my investments, without me having to put in any more work. Instead of having more free time, I think this will allow me to concentrate even more on helping people and spreading the love.
2) Own 15 Dental Offices – I wanted this for awhile now, since I decided (with my mother’s help) that I want to become a Dentist. It’s really a fun field, where you get to help people and interact with them constantly.
3) Travel to 10 Largest Cities – I really enjoy traveling, but I haven’t taken advantage of it very much throughout my life. I live outside of New York City, so I’ve been there, but I really want to experience other cultures. Plus, I love rural areas.
4) Contribute – I want to donate millions of dollars to charity, and give my time to helping people in need. With all the opportunities I have in my life, I really just want to be there for people, I love people.
5) Master Martial Arts – I want to achieve black belt status in five martial arts. I’ve got one in Taekwondo, and I’m taking other martial arts as well, so it’s just a matter of time.
6) Write NYTimes Bestseller – With my new found love for writing (who would have thought), I want to get to the top of people’s reading lists. From there I can uplift, encourage and motivate millions of people with personal development books, and perhaps an autobiography.
7) Spread the seed – I want to have at least 4 children and 8 grandchildren, and to top it off I want to see my grandchildren married and have children. This is going to take being healthy and living to an old age!
8) Medium – As with my writing goal, I want this blog to become a very successful medium for me to uplift, encourage, motivate and educate millions of people. I have a lot to say, so I’m going to need people here to listen =)
9) Happy Family – I want to have a family that is strong, healthy, smart, stress free and well taken care of, for as long as I live and generations to come. Actually, I want this for everybody, no reason the world can’t join in.
10) Wisdom – I have an obsession with wisdom. Can you tell by my addiction to personal development? Always trying to get smarter, wiser and better. When will it ever end!
That’s my ten, out of the hundreds of entries in my goals list. Maybe they aren’t the best, or most exciting, but they’re mine! I won’t get too possessive, you can join in on the fun too. If you don’t own a blog, feel free to post your goals in the comments section below.
This is my huge list. Don’t forget to link or trackback this post so that I can tally up the results and combine data with Aaron. If I missed you, I apologize, but you are more than welcome to get in on the experiment, the fun, and the master lists that me and Aaron will be putting together.
- Aaron Potts – Today is That Day
- Alec Gullon – Effective Life and Growth Strategies
- Gleb Reys – rsonal Development Ideas
- Lyman Reed – Creating a Better Life
- Travis Wright – Cultivate Greatness
- Bradley Woods – Conceive, Believe, Achieve
- Ravi Sraman – Setting Higher Standards
- Chris Marshall – Martial Development
- Dan & Jennifer – Dating and Relationships
- Mark McManus – Build Your Life To Order
- Leo – Zen Habits
- John TP – Make money online
- John Wesley – Pick the Brain
- Henrik Edberg – The Positivity Blog
- Steven Aitchison – Change Your Thoughts
- Brian Kim – Invest in Yourself and Make It Happen
- Wendy Piersall – eMoms at Home
- Nneka – Balanced Life Center
- Sania Wyatt – Inspiring and Helping Others Achieve Happiness…
- Karen Lynch – Live the Power
- Rick Cockrum – Shards of Consciousness
- Brad Isaac – Achieve IT!
- Kara-Leah – Be conscious now.
- Edward Mills – Evolving Times
- Steve Johnson – The fast lane
- Donald Latumahina – Life Optimizer
- Char – Casual Key Strokes
- Brian Baker – Motivation for the Entrepreneur
- Jonathan Philips – Smart Wealthy Rich
- Kivi Leroux Miller – Writing for non-profits
- Pam – Make the most of you
- Patricia – A better you blog
- John Chow – Make Money Online
Special thanks to Aaron Potts of Today is That Day for letting me join him on our join effort to get the best of you. Another special thanks to everyone who is participating!
Update: You can now view the tallied results for this project at Gotta Get Goals Roundup.
Additionally, I have a new project called Caring * Compassion * Charity that you can participate in!