If you’ve ever been in something other than a good mood (and didn’t find that to be particularly enjoyable) than these hacks are for you. Sometimes it takes a bit of out of the box thinking, a dash of creativity and a sprinkle of silliness to get you out of that grumpy slump; other times its best to stick with the fundamentals.
We all know about the hazards of being in a bad mood, right? Stress, anxiety, depression, sickness, oh and worst of all boredom. Let’s do something good today for your mind, body, and soul – let’s get you in a good mood!
1. Scream out. “I’m happy I’m happy I’m happy I’m happy!!!!” Try not being happy when you’re saying that! To increase effectiveness, do this while pounding on your chest! Oh and if you do this in public… turn around and wave goodbye to your comfort zone; you’re brave… and crazy 😉
2. Drop the facade. It’s hard work not being yourself. You’re constantly watching what you say, and anxious about impressing others. Be yourself around friends, relatives, co-workers and acquaintances. It’s okay not to be perfect, but being genuine goes a long way.
3. As within, so without. Also known as fake it till you make it. Visualize yourself as happy, having a good time, and even throw in a smile. Your mind won’t know the difference; you’ll trick it into being happy!
4. Exercise. You already knew that exercising increases endorphins, which are your body’s natural chemicals that make you feel euphoric and amazing. But also, you are experiencing fulfillment through goal achievement by working towards your healthiness goal.
5. Keep a happiness log. This is a simple idea and it works wonders. Keep track of things that have made you happy, ecstatic, roll on the floor holding your stomach laughing and all warm and fuzzy inside. Refer back to this list whenever you aren’t in the best of mood. Next step: Reminisce and let nostalgia elevate your mood.
6. Visit the bed bugs. The amount of sleep you get during the day has a lot to do with how good, or bad, you feel. Figure out the optimal amount of hours that your body needs to rest, and get that much. Go to sleep and wake up at approximately the same time each day in order to give your body a proper cycle.
7. Stay Present. This means that in the current moment, in the beauty of life and everything around us, everything is perfect right now. When everything is perfect, there is nothing more to do than be in a good mood! A great resource of learning to stay present is The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle.
The Power of Conversation
Now that I have shared my list with you, I would love it if you would share your number one favorite technique with me. Anything at all, no matter how big or how small, if it works for you I want it here in the comment box. Talk to me.