Editor’s Note: This is a guest post by Heather Johnson of BusinessCreditCards.
“A healthy body is a guest chamber for the soul: a sick body is a prison” ~Francis Bacon, Sr.
As anyone who has attempted to go at it alone and get healthy will tell you, achieving and maintaining your optimal level of fitness should not be an individual effort. Everyone who starts a new health and fitness routine does so with good intentions; but, as the saying goes, the road to huge is paved with good intentions.
If you really want to get into shape, it helps to find a friend, form a team, or found a community of like-minded individuals who can offer advice, warn you of potential pitfalls, and help you accomplish your goals.
The logical extension of this way of thinking is to tap the collective knowledge and encouragement of our ever-expanding and increasingly accessible world community. People all over have struggled with that same beer belly and those same flabby thighs, so why not gain from their experience?
Check out these posts, use the tips and tools that have helped others pursue the same pilgrimage towards a healthier self, and get your ass in shape.
- Organize Your Health: Fitsugar’s post on organizing your health is a good place to start when you are just getting into the exciting planning stages for your new health program. Use the tools described in the post and you’ll be organized from the start. Easily design and keep track of your diet and fitness plans, from outlining weekly preparations down to ensuring that you drink those all-important eight glasses of water per day.
- Avoid Common Fitness Pitfalls: This post identifies and warns against 10 of the most common exercise pitfalls. If you can recognize and avoid hazards such as setting unrealistic goals, over-exercising, and fixating on the scale, you will be able to develop an effective fitness routine that you will be able to sustain for years rather than days.
- 10 Foods for Better Health: Power foods like olive oil, nuts, tea, and salmon can help you kick-start a healthy diet. Follow the advice in this post by incorporating these ten foods into your diet and you will soon be merging into the fast lane on the road to good health
- Finding Time to Exercise: One of the biggest challenges in starting any new health regimen is fitting time to exercise into your hectic schedule. This post presents 5 shrewd fitness tips that will help you incorporate mini-workouts into your busy day.
- 10 More Tips for Your Wellness Journey: This post advocated ten simple tips that will help you improve your health in all areas of your life. Follow these tips and you will be able to maintain your mental and emotional fitness as well as your physique.
About Heather Johnson:
Heather Johnson is a freelance business, finance and credit writer, as well as a regular contributor for BusinessCreditCards.com site for comparing small business credit cards. She welcomes questions, comments, and freelancing job inquiries at her email address firstname.lastname@example.org