This is a guest post, written by Mark Foo.
It can be tough when you feel that your life sucks. Not only will your daily grind become boring, but your overall existence will be just that – existence. Fortunately, there is much room for improvement even if you consider your life to be totally depressing. But before you set out to make your life better, here are 50 signs that your life is in the doldrums and you need a life makeover.
1. Life has Become One Big Routine
If you think that your life is defined by routines and you actually feel comfortable about it, then it’s a good bet that your life sucks.
2. You Are Horrified About Going to the Office Every Day
If you are dreadful about going to work every single day, you could be among countless men who think that their careers or lives suck.
3. You Can’t Bring Yourself to Focus at Work
Remember your first day on the job? Most likely, you were so inspired that you actually shined your shoes and pressed your coat and tie. But now, you just can’t seem to put any ounce of energy or creativity in your work. You are stuck.
4. You Have Never Been Promoted in Your Job
Your work or career is one big factor in determining if you are living an exhausted life. If you have worked for the same company for 25 years, jumping from one department to the next, without getting promoted, then your life sucks.
5. You Talk About Your Boss Even During Lunch Breaks
If you and your colleagues spend half of your working hours discussing how your boss is such a moron, it is very much likely that you hate your job. Working for a bad boss is like working in hell.
6. Your Paycheck Has the Same Figure for Over Five Years Now
If you have been working for years and your paycheck still has the same amount as when you started, then your company does not value your work.
7. Work Hours Become More Difficult to Predict
So, you signed up for 8-hour workdays. But now, you do not even have any idea how many hours you spend in the office. If your workday stretches beyond normal hours, you no longer have control of your time and it sucks.
8. You’re Not Given the Benefits Promised to You
When you signed your work contract, you were particularly interested in the medical and pension benefits that have been explicitly included in the agreement. But if the benefits that have been promised to you never materialized, you are not being given what is rightfully yours.
9. Everyone Seems to Pull a Fast One on You – Easily
In relation to the above, your work is not the only place where you can be bamboozled. The world is rife with swindlers and scammers. If you have been victimized by shady characters for ten times out of ten, then your life definitely sucks.
10. You Pay for Things That Are Supposed to be Free
If you have been paying for stuffs that are legally given away for free, then you have been fooled and you have not enjoyed life the way others do.
11. You Still Live in Your Parents’ Basement
OK, a friend of mine from the States contributed this one when I was asking around for ideas to create this post. I’m from Singapore, a little tropical country in South-East Asia, so I never understood this western ethos. Anyhow, I’ll just include it here since it is commonly regarded as sucky in the western culture.
12. The First Thing You Do in the Morning is Check Your Social Media Profiles
Your only means of socializing is through your Facebook or other social media profiles. Honestly, you’re not human anymore.
13. Your Idea of a Perfect Getaway is to Watch Videos
Well, now you are not only living off on your parents’ money. You also have lost touch on how it’s like to be human. I’m talking about the fact that your idea of having a perfect night out is to watch old movies or sitcom reruns instead of inviting a girl to a date.
14. Your Idea of Fun is to Use Drugs or Get Wasted
If you can’t be happy without these substances, your life is in the ropes.
15. Being Witty for You Means Passing Chain Letters and Jokes
You can’t even make up your own jokes or sayings. You have to pass on other people’s jokes and stuffs to feel intelligent. Well, you’re not.
16. You See Your Life Crumble Every Time Your Team Loses
Okay, your team lost. Drink a couple of beers, don’t sleep for the night, but please snap out of it. Your life does not depend on your team.
17. You Always Believe That Underdogs Win in the End
With a little cheering from the audience and a truly moving music, you believe that underdogs always win. Well, wake up to reality, man!
18. You Experience Hazing and Bullying Even in Your Flamingo Class
If bullies still pick on you even in your adult years, you have been living a lowly existence at the bottom of the food chain, so to speak.
19. You Are Never Invited to Parties
If no one seems to invite you to parties, then no one even notices you exist and it really sucks.
20. All Your Relationships Are Online
Sure, you can have 5,000 friends through popular social sites like Facebook. But if all your friends are nothing but avatars on your screen, then your life is stuck my friend.
21. You Join Bible Tours Just to Find Friends
There is nothing wrong with joining Bible Expos. But if you join these just to find friends, you have serious personal troubles.
22. Even if You Join Bible Conventions, You Still Can’t Grow Your List of Friends
Okay, you joined Bible conventions to find friends and you still fail to grow your list of friends. You are done for my friend.
23. You Look Forward to Talking With a Telemarketer
Speaking of relationships, everyone agrees that life is made more interesting by having real life friends. Awaiting calls from telemarketers just so you can talk to another human being indicates that you are throwing your life away without even knowing it.
24. You Look Forward to Reading Spam Mail in Your Inbox
Again, this means you do not even exist in other people’s lives.
25. All the Numbers in Your Phonebook Belong to Men/Women
We have covered a lot of ground on relationships. But I do believe that we need to build relationships with the opposite sex. If your phonebook only has the contact numbers of your male/female friends, you could be missing out on a lot of fun and excitement.
26. All the Numbers in Your Phonebook Begin with 1-900
This is yet another sign that your life is meaningless.
27. Your Romantic Relationships Always Fail
Okay guys, you made some progress and you actually won the hearts of a few girls. The problem is that all your previous relationships tend to fail before you even get to second base. If you always fail to make your partner happy, you will live your life alone.
28. You Spend Half of Your Time Apologizing
It is okay to be sorry for the wrongs that you have committed. But if you always utter apologies for half the time, then you always feel guilty. This makes you feel bad about yourself.
29. You Gossip and Slander Against Your Colleagues
You are incapable of being happy for others. You are definitely a loser.
30. You Live in Your Past Glories
You are stuck in the past. All you do is reminisce about the time you won a hotdog eating contest. Hey, grow up!
31. You Are Always Very Pessimistic
You can’t see the brighter side of things. It is a wonder you made it this far.
32. You Forgot What It’s Like to Laugh
Laughter has been proven to enhance one’s health for free. So, if you cannot even take advantage of laughter, you truly deserve to live a dull existence.
33. You No Longer Have Any Ambition
No matter how old you are, it is important to have dreams. What would life be without aspirations?
34. You Don’t Respect Yourself and Other People
If you can’t respect yourself, you also can’t respect others. This means you are devoid of positive attitude. You’re a loser.
35. You’re So Closed Minded
You do not even know that life is passing you by, that there are new things to discover out there. Living in your own little shell is pathetic.
36. You Are So Afraid of Change
If you can’t let yourself accept change and you have been living in the past all these years, your life is stuck in a quicksand.
37. When a Man Gets Praised for His Work, You have to Ask if He is Really Happy
This is a sign that you can’t even support people around you. You are selfish. You have to rain on everyone else’s parade. You are a loser.
38. You Quit Before the Challenge Even Starts
Need I say more?
39. You Are Afraid to Take Responsibilities
If you don’t have the mojo to take responsibilities, how can you grab life by its horns? Grow up.
40. You Blame Your Failures on Everyone but Yourself
If you blame other people for the things that go wrong in your life, then you are a coward and afraid of responsibilities.
41. You’re Never Willing to Compromise
You always want to have your way. This is a sign of immaturity. You are a loser whose life sucks.
42. You Cut Off Others to Feel Superior
You cut off others while they are speaking so you would look smart. Well, that’s pathetic.
43. You Think Money is the Ultimate Resource
Yes, I love money. But if you think that life sucks only if you do not have a penny to your name, then you’re wrong. There are other more important things like time and good health.
44. You Buy Your Way through Life
You always think money is the solution. This indicates your lack confidence in yourself.
45. You Do Not Take Pride in Working
You always want the easy way out. If you can’t work for your own good, your life sucks.
46. You See Someone Hurt and You Couldn’t Even Care Less
Again, this is an indication that you can’t feel anything positive in your life. It’s really going to drag you down.
47. Your Friends Can’t Even Depend on You
If the people you love cannot turn to you for help, that’s because they don’t trust you and they are not comfortable asking for your help. Your life sucks big time.
48. You Lack Integrity
If your thoughts and actions are incongruent, your personal values are not that strong. You can’t stand on your own and everything in your life has been copied from others.
49. You Can’t Keep Your Promises
You’re a loser and your life sucks if other people cannot even value your words.
50. You Create Your Own Reality
Finally, the ultimate measure of a life that sucks is the fact that you try to hide from the realities of life. If you conjure up and believe in your own little world and shun reality, you become a coward and your life sucks.
Discover how you can achieve all that you want in life in The 77 Traits of Highly Successful People. Mark Foo has brought together 48 personal development bloggers and writers to co-author this success eBook that spells out all the success secrets. Claim your FREE copy of the eBook now at http://www.77SuccessTraits.com.