J. Alexander Martin is the co-founder and vice president of FUBU and the founder and
president of FUBU Television Network.
In today’s episode we chat about J’s new book, Money Makes Me Crazy, co-authored with Ted McLyman. We discuss J’s successful fashion career as an entrepreneur with FUBU, why J decided to write a book about the mistakes he made along the way, and how you can take control over your life and make money like crazy, without letting it make you crazy.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“You’re not going to be able to get any more money if you’re not happy with the money that you already have.” – J. Alexander Martin
- What made FUBU special as a new brand
- Why they knew their customers so well
- The top marketing strategies that J used at FUBU
- How J chose the topic for his new book
- How culture cultivates our attitude about money
- How to manage your money more wisely
- What’s wrong with the fake-it-’til-you-make-it mentality
- How J’s attitude towards money has changed throughout his life
- Why J does the type of consulting work that he does
- How FUBU is changing its marketing strategies for millennials
“If you are your customer, you know what they want.” – J. Alexander Martin
- Read Money Makes Me Crazy
- Check out FUBU
- Learn more about co-author Ted McLyman
- Connect with J. Alexander Martin:
“In my book I tell you everything that I did wrong.” – J. Alexander Martin