Today I sit down with my dear friend Lewis Howes to discuss his just released book, The Mask of Masculinity. Lewis is the host of The School of Greatness podcast, one of the top 50 podcasts in the world, and the NYT bestselling author of The School of Greatness.
Lewis is a master of making people think introspectively and go beyond their masks to find what really drives them. In today’s episode we discuss how being truly vulnerable changed Lewis’s life, what it means to be a man in a world of toxic masculinity, and how you can learn to take off your masks to find inner peace and follow your authentic vision.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“If we’re unable to be vulnerable, then we’re unable to build the strongest relationships possible.” – Lewis Howes
- How Lewis and I first met in the personal development world
- The next BIG thing according to Lewis
- What is the mask of masculinity?
- How opening up about sexual abuse changed Lewis’s life
- Why Lewis chooses to respond with love
- How our masks get tied to our identity
- What does it really mean to be a man?
- The effects of toxic masculinity in today’s world
- The shift towards authenticity
- What the world would look like if we didn’t wear masks
- How to take off your masks and check in with yourself
“Masks get us big results, but at what price?” – Lewis Howes
- Get a copy of The Mask of Masculinity
- Connect with Lewis:
“If we’re in service to ourselves, in service to our dreams, and in service to the world — that’s what it means to be a man.” – Lewis Howes